Burgess & Finch Lemon Oil 10ml
Burgess & Finch Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limonum) has a wonderful refreshing citrus aroma. Lemon oil is highly antiseptic and is therefore useful in first aid, to treat wounds and infections. The oil can also be very useful in the home and kitchen, to clean and deodorise. Lemon is one of the most versatile essential oils, and once you start using it, it’s hard to imagine life without it. It cleans, freshens, disinfects, deodorizes, balances oily hair and in aromatherapy it aids mental acuity. Lemon is an adaptogen essential oil. It rejuvenates tired, sagging skin and helps in the treatment of pimples and oily skin.
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant essences. The ingestion of essential oils is not recommended without prior advice from your health care practitioner. Dilute in a carrier or base when necessary.
USES & BENEFITS
- 100% Pure
- Skin care
- Immune system
- Hair care
- Natural cleaner and sanitiser
- Cleansing and detoxifying for skin
- Nervous conditions
- Natural diuretic
- Sore throats
- Balances ovarian function
HOW TO USE
- For a sore throat try gargling with 3 drops of lemon oil in a half glass of water.
- For colds and flu, use six drops of lemon oil in your steamer/vapouriser to keep your lungs clear and energise your mind
- For a household disinfectant add a few drops lemon oil to your cleaning cloth before wiping down germ laden surfaces such as chopping blocks
- For oil prone skin, blend 10-12 drops of lemon oil with 50ml of jojoba oil to make your own face care recipe that will keep your skin clear
- To soften calluses, corns, or bunions massage a few drops of lemon oil on to the bottoms of your feet every night
- Add two drops to your herbal tea as an immune booster
- Make your own window cleaner: Just fill a spray bottle with 50% water, 50% vinegar, and add 15 drops lemon oil
- Lemon oil is also good for oily hair; add a few drops to your shampoo
- For a hand sanitiser, make up a spray bottle filled with water and just add between 20-30 drops of lemon essential oil
INGREDIENTS & EXTRACTION
100% pure aromatherapy grade essential oil extracted via cold expression from fresh lemon peel.
- Skin sensitisation can occur in some people
- Don’t use on your skin prior to sun exposure as lemon oil is phototoxic
Please note: product images are for illustrative purposes and may differ slightly from the actual product.
About Burgess & Finch
Burgess & Finch’s essential and cold-pressed carrier oils are all free from any synthetics, preservatives or animal products. All oils are fully traceable and species-specific, and random quality testing is conducted. From popular oils such as lavender, tea tree and eucalyptus, to exotics like ylang ylang, jasmine and frankincense, there’s an essential oil for everyone and everything.
Burgess & Finch has been unwavering in sticking to their core principles of purity, quality and reliability – as a result their products are as important today as they were 20 years ago – and are still South Africans’ number one choice for pure aromatic upliftment from nature.