Pure Indigenous – Cape May Essential Oil 10ml
Relaxant And Insect Repellent
Pure Indigenous’s Cape May Essential Oil (10 ml) is a 100% natural oil, traditionally used as an insect repellent, sedative and to relieve symptoms such as sore throats and aches/pains. Combine with Pure Indigenous‘s carrier oils for a complete Aromatherapy experience.
- Repels insects, especially ants and mosquitoes
- Antiseptic properties which protect the body from infections, internally and externally
- Relieves sore throats caused by colds/flu, as well as aches and pains of the body experienced during a cold/flu
- Acts as a natural diuretic to assist your body in expelling toxins
- Relieves anxiety, anger, nervous tension and negative thoughts
- Cape May Essential Oil (Coleonema Album), also known as the Wild Buchu or Confetti Bush, is native to the coastlines of South Africa. It gets its name from local fishermen who gave it its Afrikaans name ‘aasbossie’ (‘bait bush’), because they’d rub their hands with the leaves to get rid of the strong smell of red bait. Cape May Essential Oil is extracted through the steam distillation of the plant’s leaves and stems.
Directions for use
Add 3 drops of Cape May Essential Oil to a warm bath.
To use Cape May in an Aromatherapy massage, add 4-6 drops of Cape May Essential Oil to 50 ml carrier oil of choice.
To repel insects such as mosquitoes, rub a few drops on your bedding or clothes.
Caution: Do not use essential oils while pregnant or breastfeeding. Unless you’re a qualified Aromatherapist, avoid use on babies and children.
About Pure Indigenous
Pure Indigenous offers you 100% natural and locally-sourced ingredients used in their balms, sprays, oil blends and potions. Their range of moisturising balms are fragranced using only indigenous essential oils with bases consisting of our favourite ingredients such as Beeswax, Macadamia Oil and Avocado Butter. You’ll find other wonderful South African plant ingredients like Imphepho and Rose Geranium in their sprays. We urge you to browse their mystical potions which are based on powerful tradition ascribed to African folklore.